Welcome to Jefferson County, Florida.
Our County government is committed to serving the needs of the public. This Website is a resource toward that end.
On this site you’ll find information on County programs, services, meetings and other topics of local interest, whether you’re a resident, visitor to our community or business considering locating here.
SPECIAL NOTICE: After clicking on the following link, scroll down the page to below the second horizontal line: JEFFERSON COUNTY LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR ADOPTION
For your convenience, frequently sought information is just a click away here:
- Contacts: Board of County Commissioners, County Coordinator and other key individuals and offices, with phone numbers and email addresses
- Announcements: News of community interest and impact, including deadlines for input, bid opportunities, upcoming public meetings and events and other announcements
- Road Issues: Easy-to-use form for notifying us of road-related issues in need of attention (fallen tree, washout, etc.)
- Resources: Other organizations and online resources of interest
- Employment: Information on current and upcoming job openings appears here
- FAQ’s: Answers to frequently asked questions
Check out the tabs at the top of this page for additional information about the County, our history, area assets, the Websites of our Constitutional Officers and still other timely information.
Thank you for visiting our site and we welcome the opportunity to be of service.
PLEASE NOTE: All current and new property owners in Jefferson County should be aware that Land Development Regulations are applicable to all types of development including subdivisions of property and the construction of buildings (regardless of type) or other improvements such as driveways and power poles. All subdivisions of land require approval in accordance with the Land Development Code. Verification of approval by the Planning Department should be obtained prior to the recording of all new deeds at the Clerk of Courts Office. If property ownership is conveyed without approval, future owners may not be able to obtain a building permit.Please contact the Planning Department office prior to any action to be taken or for answers to any questions related to land use or the subdivision of property. Building and other types of permits will not be issued for any site without issuance of a Development Permit from the Planning Department. Please visit the Planning Department page for more information.